PureVia sugar substitute is a pure extract of the naturally sweet Stevia plant. It’s called Reb A and is the sweetest part of the Stevia plant. PureVia is made by milling the leaves from the Stevia plant and then steeping them in water in a process similar to brewing tea. The extract that is a result of this process is further purified to seperate the Reb A in a process using ethanol. Ethanol is made naturally from sugar cane.
What is Reb A Exactly?
Rebaudioside A, or Reb A, is commonly know as the sweetest of all natural compounds in the Stevia leaf. Reb A is 200 times sweeter than sugar, so very little goes a long way.
PureVia doesn’t just stop at using natural ingredients, the packaging the product comes in is eco-friendly, too! The cartons are made from 100% recylced fiber and 35% post consumer content. By using eco-friendly packaging, PureVia is reducing it’s carbon foot print every year. Every ton of virgin paper uses up to 14 trees, so using recycled packaging saves the forests.
Facts About PureVia
- The substitute has ZERO calories
- Made from the sweetest part of the Stevia leaf
- Made from natural ingredients
- Stevia extract is 97% pure Reb A
- Each PureVia stick sweetens like 2 tablespoons of sugar
- PureVia is perfect for those with diabetes
- It’s certified kosher parve
- PureVia is not genetically modified
- Available in convenient take anywhere stick packets